Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here you will find updates on my crafts, new ideas, etc. I will also post when another blog, such as tutorials, have been updated. All materials used in the crafts are Close to my Heart products, unless stated otherwise. Please feel free to leave comments, questions and suggestions. Have a wonderful day and happy scrapping!

Friday, October 24, 2008

Update on the Scrapbook Room











Okay, so the focus wall didn't go as planned. The tan didn't cure, so when I took off the painters tape, EVERYTHING came down with it. Then Kevin had to run a skim coat of drywall mud to make a new surface. What a disappointment. So we decided to just go with a solid color. So far we have all of the painting complete and have finalized the plans for the workstation and storage. Last night and today I did my adhesive vinyl decor, its chocolate brown, and looks amazing! I decided that my colors will be blues, bright green, chocolate brown and white. Let me know what you think of it so far!Kevin is building my work station for me. It will be an L shaped. If you look closely in some of the pictures you can see his pencil lines for where the desk and upper storage units will be. The desk will be white. I plan to make the counter for it by putting a chocolate brown fabric on top of the desk unit. Then I will scatter some random pictures on top and then top it off with plexi-glass. It will be a custom counter than I can change the pictures in when I want to. I will also be taking our old microwave stand and painting it white to match the room and using it for more storage. Its just sitting in the garage collecting dust, might as well put a use to it. The area of blank wall above my craft desk will have a nice fabric covered pin-up board that I am making by hand. I want to find a crazy patterned fabric with lime green and chocolate brown in it. Maybe something with circles, who knows. I do have one more quote to go on the wall but I have to wait until the desk is in place. The quote is: "A cluttered desk is a sign of genius." I LOVE IT!

No comments: